Sowden SoftBrew™ Coffee – model: STANDARD
The beautiful new addition to the SoftBrew™ range is the Standard. This is the largest size, which makes it the one for a family breakfast or dinner party.
If you haven’t seen this range before, it is quiet genius. The SoftBrew™ filter keeps the ground beans separated from the water. Thousands of microscopic holes allow the water to flow and take up the taste without over filtering whilst allowing some ‘fines’ to filter through to the coffee giving the typical ‘body’ of an excellent brew.
The method is simple; place the filter in the porcelain pot, put ground coffee into the filter, (we weigh in 6g of coffee for every 100ml water), pour over hot water at the temperature of your choice – that’s it! We like to brew for 6 minutes, but with a Sowden you can pour a little and try, then allow to brew a little longer to suit your taste.
Also we love using a Sowden for cold brew, just make as above with cold water and leave in the fridge overnight. Delicious.
- Pot & Filter dishwasher safe
- High quality porcelain product
- SUS 304 (18/8) stainless steel filter
- * SoftBrew is a trademark registered by GJS srl
- CAPACITY: MAX 1.2L – 40.5 oz
- HEIGHT: 16.5 cm – 6 1/2 inches
- WIDTH: 12.5 cm – 4 7/8 inches
- DEPTH: 19 cm – 7 1/2 inches
- MATERIALS: Jug in porcelain – SUS 304 (18/8) stainless steel filter – bamboo fiber lid
CARE INSTRUCTION & WARNING: – Do not microwave metal parts and bamboo fiber lid – Not suitable for stovetop use – Use caution when handling hot water – Add water making sure you do not exceed the “MAX” level – Keep out of reach of children.